Here are some prompts to use to discuss issues that can arise when students are learning to pair-program:
Prompts/Sentence Stems for Pair Programming
- I don’t quite understand your idea can you please explain further
- This is what I hear you saying...
- I like your directions but I also have some ideas too
- I like that idea maybe we can add ...
- Let’s explore this option..
- Oh, cool I just learned something new
- I have done this kind of coding before, let me explain what worked then.
- Could we check this part of the code?
- Maybe we are not on the same page, let’s stop and discuss this for awhile.
- I think we should do _____, what do you think?
- Let’s think this through.
- Thank you for sharing.
- What do you think of doing it this way…
- I like both my ideas and your ideas let’s try and integrate them.
If time allows, you can also ask students to prepare and present a role-playing scenario, where a driver and navigator sit in a car and not following their roles can lead to trouble.Log in or register to view attachments and related links, and/or join the discussion