Pacing Guide: Opinion Dynamics
Week 1: Introduction to Opinion Dynamics & complex systems
- Overview of the Opinion Dynamics Unit (see link below)
- Additional resource for school uniform debate
- Progress Monitor for creating the base model (weeks 1 & 2)
Week 2: Influencing opinions- agents circulating in a community
Week 3: Does Your Opinion Count? Polling & Sampling
- Activity- 27 Blind Mice (doc) (see link below)
- Progress Monitor (weeks 3 & 4) creating polling areas
Week 4: Polling & Sampling Continued- movable & multiple locations
Weeks 5 & 6: Opinion Dynamics - Experimentation, Data analysis and further alterations to model
- Data collection form for model experiments (see link below)
Additional Activities to try (see links below):
- Does Your Opinion Count?
- Data sheet- Does Your Opinion Count?