Getting Started 10 minutes
- Review of the previous day’s lesson and concepts and connection to today’s lesson.
Activity #1: Completing and Debugging Your Code 20 minutes
- Designing your experiment
- Use pair programming to complete the model
- Test the new model — trace execution and debug the model
Activity #2: Running Experiments 20 minutes
- Review the question first formulated in the model design
- Design experiments to run in the new model
- Run experiments, using multiple trials
- Analyze results and discuss conclusions
Wrap-Up 5 minutes (Reflection)
- Relate the results back to the bigger picture of ecosystems as complex adaptive systems
- Share your model and experimental results with the class.