Getting Started 10 minutes
- Review of the previous day’s lesson and concepts and connection to today’s lesson.
Activity #1: Adding a Predator 20 minutes
- New Concepts: adding breeds and setting user-defined traits
- Testing your model
Activity #2: Designing and Running Experiments 20 minutes
- Designing your experiment
- Running your experiment
- Collecting and analyzing data
Wrap-Up 5 minutes (Reflection)
- In the real world, what might impact how animals use and gain energy?
- Was your prediction about how adding a predator would impact the ecosystem correct? Why or why not?
- How can computer models be useful in understanding ecosystems?