Getting Started 5 minutes
- Review of the previous day’s lesson and concepts and connection to today’s lesson.
Activity #1: Looking under the Hood 20 minutes (New Learning/Discovery)
- Familiar and New Command Blocks
- Decoding a model — looking for the parts and interactions between them
- What calls what? — execution of the program loop
Activity #2: Designing and Running Experiments 20 minutes (Guided Practice)
- Experimental design
- Running experiments
- Collecting and analyzing data
Wrap-Up 5 minutes (Reflection)
- What does computer modeling and simulation allow us to do that would be difficult to do in the real world?