Getting Started 5 minutes
- Review of the previous day’s lesson and concepts. Connection to today’s lesson.
Activity #1: Adding a Water Pump 20 minutes
- CS review: find and decode the procedure that creates the
- Duplicate and alter the procedure to create a new pump.
- Add monitors and line graphs to display and visualize data.
- Test your model.
Activity #2: Running an Experiment 20 minutes
- Designing your experiment.
- Running your experiments.
- Collecting and analyzing data.
Wrap-Up 5 minutes (Reflection)
- What does the computer model enable us to do that would be difficult
in the real world?
- How could a computer model like the Water Pumping model be
used to manage water resources?