Getting Started 10 minutes
- Pre-test / assessment (optional short survey to assess existing knowledge)
Activity #1: Turn and Walk 25 minutes (New Learning)
- Participatory Simulation
- Computer model, teacher-led demonstration
- Correspondence between real-world and virtual world
- Under the hood: parts of a StarLogo Nova computer model [model link]
Activity #2: Introduction to Complex Adaptive Systems 10 minutes (New Learning)
- Video “Introduction to Complex Systems” [video link]
- Characteristics of complex adaptive systems
- Review Game - Complex or Complicated?
Wrap-Up 5 minutes (Reflection)
- What are computer models good for?
- Review of new terms used